Friday 1 November 2013

Friday Photos

Happy November Dearest Readers,

I told myself I would not leave tonight until I updated the blog. I have so many exciting things to share with you, but have to admit I have been moving the blog to the bottom of my list when I would think about all the things I wanted to write. So, with much love, this sunny evening I present to you: The Photos of the Week.

Happy Friday,
Ms Hadfield

Inspired by Andy Goldsworthy's art, here is a creation on
the trail by one of our Middle Years Friends.



Brett counting seeds at last week's Pumpkin Festival. We counted just over 1000 pumpkin seeds!

Pumpkin Fest

Sam brought in a Cattail for each person in our class.
Then, we tried a very cool experiment Sam taught us: exploding the seeds!
We talked about how Cattails spread their seed using the wind, like the Milkweed plant.
Cattail seeds (fluff) can be used to stuff pillows and line mittens.
Check back in a couple weeks to see what we have done with our collection.

A vampire visits the food table at our Halloween party.
Thank you parents and Mrs Shot for the delicious snacks. 

Cuttin' a rug at the Monster Bash.

A horse orders some popcorn at the Monster Bash.

We learned a lot of very interesting things about bats this week.  Here is a bat made from an egg carton!

And an owl out of a pinecone!

We also talked about spiders yesterday. Here we are making webs with chalk pastels.

The web is white glue that has dried.

Aren't they colourful?

Today the whole school went for a post-Halloween wellness walk.
A sunny six degrees!

Argyle on an autumn afternoon.
My top photo of the week.
And after looking at this last photo, a thought for the week:


"Passion is lifted from the earth by the muddy hands of the young. It travels along grass-stained sleeves to the heart." -Rich Louv